Big Boys Shootout
Consider your team one of the best? If you have what it takes to prove it this event was designed for you. Building off of the Lake Ontario Pro-Am rules for the professional division, the Big Boys Shootout gives you the opportunity to put your team to the test.
Held only in the port of Niagara, the Shootout will take place on the Monday following the two Pro-Am event.
You must have been a competitor in either the Professional or Amateur division of the Pro-Am tournament to be eligible for this competition. The rules will be the same as those in place for the Professional division of the Pro-Am series with the following exceptions;
- This is a one-day event
- Entry fee is $1050* and must be submitted 2 weeks prior to the event
- Late entries will be accepted up to 4:30 PM (June 6th & 11th respectively)
- Entry fee for late entries will be $1300 (cash only)
- The number of late entries accepted will be no greater than 25% of the number of on-time entries and will be first-come first-served
- Late entries will only be accepted by the respective tournament directors
- Incomplete application forms will void an entry and entry fees will be refunded
- Observers will be provided by the tournament committee at a fee of $100 per team
- Observers will be swapped by blind draw on the morning of the event
- For the Niagara event you must start and finish in the port of Olcott
- For the Oswego event you must start and finish in the port of Oswego
- Payout will be 1st place – 50%, 2nd place – 30% and 3rd place – 20%
- The last place team in the Niagara event will be eligible for a ½ price entry in the Oswego Shootout (if submitted by June 26th)
* In an effort to help cover some of the expenses of conducting and promoting the Pro/Am Series, the directors approved an “administrative fee” in 2009 that is equal to 5% (not to exceed $50.00)
of any event entry fee. This will allow the Series to continue its tradition of paying back 100% of the entry fees collected. In this instance the “administrative fee” is $50.00 (5% of 1000). Payback will be
based on entry fees of $1,000 and $1,250 respectively.